Root Certificates Update
This item updates the list root certificates on your computer to the latest list that is accepted by Microsoft as part of the Microsoft Root Certificate Program. Adding additional root certificates to your computer enables a greater range of security enhanced Web browsing, encrypted e-mail, and security enhanced code delivery applications to work seamlessly. This update includes root certificates from Verisign, Thawte, and Post.Trust in Ireland.
This update applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows 98
- Windows 98 Second Edition
- Windows Millennium Edition
- Windows NTŪ 4.0 running Service Pack 6a
- Windows 2000 running Service Pack 2
- Windows 2000 running Service Pack 3
- Windows 2000 running Service Pack 4
You don't need to do anything after installing this update.
Uninstall is not available.